In this episode of Deep Dish, we hang out around the campfire and roast up some s’mores! How long have we been roasting marshmallows around fires? Did the person who wrote down the s’mores recipe have the best Girl Scout leader name? You’ll have to listen to find out!
- A brief trip down memory lane of school cafeterias/school lunches.
- The history of s’mores basically stops at the invention of s’mores because they’re so perfect! What else is there to talk about?
- Marshmallows used to be medicine!? Well… sort of!
- An insane deep-dive on one of the biggest fad-diet purveyors of all time, Sylvester Graham!
- We finally praise England for one of their contributions to the culinary world!
- A somewhat more recent edition of Shitty Old Recipes that tragically combines s’mores with hamburgers… (It’s as terrible as it sounds.)
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Pleeease spread the word about Deep Dish! Introduce your friends to it! We could all use a good laugh in today’s world, and this show should do the trick! If you can convince one of your friends to start listening, let us know! We might send you a present! Like cookies, or maybe even $5!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!
Episode 13: Pumpkin Spice Lattes – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next week we focus on a true dessert sandwich, after questioning if s’mores count as a sandwich. This tasty frozen treat was born in New York at the turn of the 20th century, before coming a fixture in freezers around the globe. Think you know what it is? Guess in the comments here, on Facebook, Youtube, or Instagram, and we’ll feature you on a future episode of Deep Dish! Until then, stay hungry