In this episode of Deep Dish, we head over to India…or…Scotland? and cozy up with some curry, so that we can answer the question of who really invented chicken tikka masala? Curry has been around for ages, but chicken tikka itself has only been around a few decades! Has the UK finally redeemed itself, culinarily speaking? You’ll have to listen to find out!
- We revisit some beloved childhood snacks, inspired by our recent purchase of the s’mores lookalike Mallowmars!
- We finally cover the rise of a food that DOESN’T correspond to the Industrial Revolution!
- PCFG Erik puts on their best British accent to discuss some fine*, traditional British dishes. (*Not fine)
- The UK loves their curry dishes! So much that they almost laid official legal claim to chicken tikka masala!
- The introduction of a new segment – Poor Taste! We take a look at Taco Bell’s newest item, annnd it’s not what you would expect.
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Pleeease spread the word about Deep Dish! Introduce your friends to it! We could all use a good laugh in today’s world, and this show should do the trick! If you can convince one of your friends to start listening, let us know! We might send you a present! Like cookies, or maybe even $5!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!
Episode 13: Pumpkin Spice Lattes – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next week we’re back in the Americas and focus on a popular hand held food. With a literal translation of “little donkey” this dish is the perfect option for almost any meal of the day. Think you know what it is? Guess in the comments here, on Facebook, Youtube, or Instagram, and we’ll feature you on a future episode of Deep Dish! Until then, stay hungry