Deep Dish, Twisted Food History! – Episode 9: Ice Cream Sandwiches!
In this episode of Deep Dish, we explore the history of the ice cream sandwich! How many different types of ice cream sandwich are there around the world? What does the Jersey Shore have to do with ice cream sandwiches? Which member of the Jersey Shore are we related to? You’ll have to listen to find out!
- We start off with a recap of the exotic fruit party we had last weekend. (Spoilers: The fruits were exotic.)
- Some people take ice cream sandwich a little too literally.
- We establish an interesting connection between ice cream innovations and hot dog vendors, for some reason.
- Chipwiches have a surprisingly convoluted history that almost resulted in them disappearing forever.
- Another edition of shitty old recipe that stretches the limits of what constitutes a salad!
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Pleeease spread the word about Deep Dish! Introduce your friends to it! We could all use a good laugh in today’s world, and this show should do the trick! If you can convince one of your friends to start listening, let us know! We might send you a present! Like cookies, or maybe even $5!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at email@example.com, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!
Episode 19: Off Topic! Super Bowl Foods By State! – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next week we’re going off the cuff again and talking about whatever food related things cross our minds. Have something you want us to discuss? Let us know in the comments here, on Facebook, Youtube, or Instagram, and maybe we’ll talk about it on a future episode of Deep Dish! Until then, stay hungry!