In this super-stuffed episode of Deep Dish, we do a deep dive on all things burrito-related! How long have people been eating tortillas? What the hell is nixtamalization? Why is Taco Bell getting rid of all its menu?! All these answers and more await, if you can stomach this 2-hour-long behemoth!
- Erik makes a confession about their dark past, as a Taco Bell addict.
- Corn and tortillas have been around for a long time. A lonnnnnnng, long time. Like, a REALLY long time.
- Exactly when did burritos get invented? That’s a tough question. When did they first enter our lexicon? Well, it started off in a Mexican dictionary!
- Chipotle sucks. Chipotle is really stupid. We don’t like Chipotle. Find out why!
- Another edition of Review Roast! for our favorite dim sum place, defending Red Tiger Dumpling House in Stonybrook from review trolls! (Spoilers: A lot of racists eat at Chinese restaurants!)
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Pleeease spread the word about Deep Dish! Introduce your friends to it! We could all use a good laugh in today’s world, and this show should do the trick! If you can convince one of your friends to start listening, let us know! We might send you a present! Like cookies, or maybe even $5!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at email@example.com, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!
Episode 13: Pumpkin Spice Lattes – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next time we’ll be serving up an episode focused solely around a single type of drink. This seasonal-favorite was invented in the early 2000s, but its origins go wayyy further back than that, thanks to its ingredients being a variety of rustic, long-cherished spices. Think you know what it is? Guess in the comments, and if you get it right, we’ll give you a great big shoutout in a future episode! Until then, stay hungry!