PCFG Deep Dish Podcast – Episode 4: Banana Bread!
In this episode of Deep Dish, we discuss the incredibly specific circumstances that led to banana bread’s creation in the early 1900s! This sweet, quickbread seems so simple, but there’s more to it than just someone thinking banana-flavored bread was be a good idea!
- New York is STILL hot as hell. But PCFG Erik and PCFG Meg power through for the good of food!
- Bananas actually have something in common with… plutonium?
- If you liked our history lesson on the Irish Potato Famine, then you’ll love our coverage of the Great Depression. (As much as one can “love” hearing about one of the most horrific times in American history…)
- People use banana bread as a means to bake “healthy” desserts, but let’s be real, desserts aren’t supposed to be healthy. They’re dessert.
- We debut our first edition of Review Roast! In this episode, we defend our favorite burrito joint from troll reviews that range from “You sound like a entitled douchebag” to “You don’t understand how food works.”
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Episode 19: Off Topic! Super Bowl Foods By State! – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next week we’ll be serving up the fifth and final episode of this initial trial-run of Deep Dish. Our last topic is an interesting one, featuring a dessert which was invented by the Holy Roman Empire, lasted through millenia and multiple civilizations collapsing, only to land itself in Japan, where a Pokemon was named after it.
Think you know what it might be? Submit your guesses on Facebook, Instagram, or in the comments below, and if you’re correct we’ll give you a shoutout on next week’s show! Until then, stay hungry, peeps!
This show is in early stages of creation so for now we’re doing a preliminary trial run of 5 episodes. If you like them, let us know on social media and we’ll keep making them!