Quick Recipe: 2-Minute Microwave Blondie
So we’ve covered microwave cakes before, but what if you want a vanilla one? This recipe is the same exact concept, a quick and yummy cake cooked in a mug in the microwave, only this time it’s for everyone’s favorite flipflop of fudge brownies. Bear in mind, the “Two minute” part is how long it takes to cook. But mixing the ingredients together shouldn’t take much longer than a few minutes either, so you should have it ready in about five minutes tops. Don’t be leery if it seems undercooked, there’s no egg in here so you can technically eat the batter carefree! The resulting cake actually tastes pretty close to a giant chocolate chip cookie. If it seems raw, feel free to microwave it an additional 10 seconds or so.
2-Minute Microwave Mug Blondie
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a large, microwave-safe mug, approx 1 minute.
- Add brown sugar and water to mug, and stir vigorously until it forms a mixture. Add vanilla and stir in.
- Gradually stir in flour, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a batter. Add in salt and baking powder and stir until well-blended.
- Add chocolate chips to top of mixture, and stir gently. Your chips should remain towards the top of batter.
- Microwave mug with batter for 1 minute. If top of blondie is very liquidy and uncooked, return to microwave and cook for additional 10 seconds. Repeat again if still not cooked enough. Blondie should be moist and tacky, but solid.