PCFG Deep Dish Podcast – Episode 5: Flan!
In this episode of Deep Dish, we take you all the way back to Ancient Rome where everybody’s favorite jiggly custard dessert, flan, was first created! Go on a mystical flan journey that spans several millenia, multiple civilizations collapsing, and all leading up to Japan creating versions of the dish that are larger than your face!
- Flan has a lot of different names! And as usual, Britain gets it wrong.
- Boobs. Loooots and lots of boob references in an episode about one of the bounciest desserts in the world.
- The original recipes for flan kinda suck. They contained olive oil. And that wasn’t even the worst ingredient.
- Flan is a surprisingly international food! There’s SO many variations of it out there, and so many ways to serve and eat it.
- A very special edition of Shitty Old Recipes takes place, where, in the spirit of jiggly jiggly flan, we look through some old Jell-o mold abominations from the 1960s. They’re uh, they’re pretty bad.
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Episode 5: Flan! – Poor Couple's Food Guide
This wraps up our trial-run of Deep Dish! We’re looking for any feedback or constructive criticism to help improve the show! Please reach out and drop us a line, to let us know about things you liked, things you didn’t like, any any general comments on the show!
We’ll be sure to give updates on when we’re recording new episodes, so in the meantime, follow us on Instagram, @poorcouplesfoodguide – https://www.instagram.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/ and be sure to check out any updates on Facebook as well. Until then, stay hungry, folks!