PCFG Deep Dish Podcast – Episode 2: Hamburgers!
In this episode, we take a look at one of the most iconic foods in American history, hamburgers! Find out how a disgusting hockey puck of raw meat and bread turned into a beloved BBQ favorite! Then discover its path from a country-fair staple to fast food icon and more!
- Happy Birthday to Charlie, the Westie! He turned 1 this week! Oh, and America also celebrated its birthday too.
- The invention of the modern hamburger is really confusing.
- The invention of the modern cheeseburger is… also really confusing.
- Americans are fat. Japanese are whacky. What else is new?
- Shitty Old Recipes makes its debut, with, well, an overwhelmingly shitty recipe. Ever thought about adding sugar to mashed potatoes? No. Of course you haven’t, cuz you’re not a monster.
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Episode 18: Gingerbread Men! – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next week’s episode features an another American classic, albeit one that’s more of a regional favorite. If you’re from NY or the tri-state area, odds are you’ve eaten it at almost every wedding, graduation, communion, and every other formal event you’ve ever been to!
Think you know what it might be? Submit your guesses on Facebook, Instagram, or in the comments below, and if you’re correct we’ll give you a shoutout on next week’s show! Until then, stay hungry, peeps!
This show is in early stages of creation so for now we’re doing a preliminary trial run of 5 episodes. If you like them, let us know on social media and we’ll keep making them!