Quick Recipe: Chicken Fingers Burrito
So now that you know how to make your own homemade chicken fingers, you’re gonna be making a shit ton of them at home. But oh no, you suddenly find yourself with this tremendous influx of heavenly ambrosia and can’t eat it all. What do? WHAT DO?
Obviously, you make a burrito.
This quick, handy recipe is actually really useful since you don’t have to make it using your own homemade ones. I’m sure it doesn’t happen often, but once in a while you’re bound to go to a restaurant and not finish your chicken fingers/tenders/strips/cutlets/etc… Any breaded chicken pieces will lend themselves well to this burrito since it encapsulates all the best flavors of a simple chicken finger meal, including french fries and honey mustard. If you have your french fries leftover too? That’s even better. If not, just heat some up real quick in the oven or other methods.
Chicken Fingers Burrito
- 1 tortilla
- 2 chicken fingers/cutlets, already cooked or leftover
- ¼ cup yellow/white rice
- Approx 5-10 french fries, fresh or leftover (depending on thickness)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- Honey mustard
- Set oven to 250º.
- Spread the rice in a thin layer around the tortilla.
- Cut up the chicken fingers into small pieces and place in a layer on top of the rice.
- Place French fries alongside chicken pieces in same layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of chicken/fries.
- Place tortilla on a pan in the oven and allow the cheese to melt for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove tortilla and drizzle honey mustard over top.
- Wrap burrito up and enjoy!
If you prefer ketchup, use ketchup. If you prefer barbecue sauce, use barbecue sauce! I recommend sticking to regular mozzarella for this though since anything with a stronger flavor will drown out the flavor of the chicken and make it just take like any regular old burrito (not that that’s a bad thing, but still). As always, refer back to our burrito folding post to figure out how to wrap it up.
Need tips on folding your burrito? Watch our tutorial video!