Quick Recipe: Sweet Asian Mango Burrito
We’ve covered burritos before. They’re a delicious treat that can range from mild and snack-like, to massive and filling in as a full meal. Best part is that burritos are really easy to make, and can be thrown together with whatever’s lying around, or done up all fancy-like, depending on your mood. If you’re looking for something more in-depth, try this delicious recipe which is a bit more prep work than your standard burrito, but provides a really awesome, unique flavor thanks to the inclusion of mango and the sweet Asian barbecue style sauce you prepare for it. Incidentally, we created this recipe for our last anniversary, when the two of us decided to design a special burrito for the other. This particular one was Meg’s, though some day in the future we’ll get around to posting mine which was made spicy and dark. Because I’m just that edgy.
Sweet Asian Mango Burrito
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apricot jelly OR orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 cup shredded/sliced, cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups yellow rice, cooked
- 2 tortillas
- 4 tbsp guacamole
- 1 small mango
- Shredded sweet cheese (mozzarella, provolone, drunken goat, etc)
- Shredded sharp cheese (cheddar, jack, colby, etc)
- In a small sauce pot, add soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes, or until warm. Add in jelly, and stir until well-blended. Cook for additional 2 minutes until hot. Stir in honey and ginger and thoroughly mix until smooth.
- Add chicken to sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is coated and hot. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas on a griddle or frying pan on each side for about 30-60 seconds each, or until lightly toasted.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the guacamole onto each tortilla.
- Spoon half of chicken and sauce onto tortilla in a small oval shape. Add ¾ cup of rice onto each tortilla.
- Cut mango into small cubes or slices. Place half of the mango pieces on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top of both tortilla. Return unfinished burritos to oven and set to broil. Allow cheese to melt for approx 1 minute in oven before removing.
- Wrap burritos up and serve warm.
(If you’re unsure how to wrap your burrito, consult our how-to guide to brush up)
Serves 2 people.
Need tips on folding your burrito? Watch our tutorial video!