Deep Dish, Twisted Food History! – Episode 14: History of Peanut Butter Cups!
In this spooOOoky edition of Deep Dish, we explore the Halloween favorite that introduced the perfect combo of peanut butter and chocolate to the world – peanut butter cups. Would peanut butter cups have been invented if Reese hadn’t been such a horndog? What’s the connection between peanut butter cups and Elvis? Does Reese’s come up with some of the best marketing ideas around? Listen now to find out!
- A look back at some of our favorite and earliest Halloween costumes.
- An explanation of how peanuts came to the United States from Africa, even though they’re native to South America.
- The bromance between Hershey and Reese that made peanut butter cups so damn successful.
- Halloween robots that give you Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! (And yes, there’s more than one type of Reese’s dispensing Halloween robot!)
- Another edition of Poor Taste where we look at some candy and Halloween related news that made us shake our heads and roll our eyes.
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Pleeease spread the word about Deep Dish! Introduce your friends to it! We could all use a good laugh in today’s world, and this show should do the trick! If you can convince one of your friends to start listening, let us know! We might send you a present! Like cookies, or maybe even $5!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at email@example.com, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!