Quick Recipe: Maple Glazed Pulled Chicken
Back last year we featured a delicious Fall-themed pizza which had an awesome mini-recipe inside of it. On the pizza we added some pulled chicken, cooked in an awesome combination of maple syrup and soy sauce. It was sweet, sticky, dark, complex, and other adjectives which could describe your sex-life. Most importantly of all though, it was delicious. For today’s quick recipe, we’re featuring the full details for it. Put it on sandwiches or just eat it on its own, it doesn’t matter, just put it in your body somehow.
Maple Glazed Pulled Chicken
- 1 cup freshly shredded chicken
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- ½ C soy sauce
- 1” cube fresh ginger, diced OR 2 tbsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp chopped sage
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
(Multiply recipe by four for a whole rotisserie chicken)
- In a small saucepan, heat the maple syrup and soy sauce until warm and smooth.
- Add in the ginger, sage, and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the brown sugar until it’s melted and dissolved into the mixture.
- Cook the sauce on medium high heat, stirring occasionally, for at least 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened into a glaze.
- Gradually add in the chicken and mix so that the sauce coats the chicken evenly. Cook the shredded chicken in this pot for 2-3 minutes until hot, and serve!
Posted on August 5, 2015, in Etcetera and tagged chicken, easy, Fall, recipes, suh-weet!. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment