Deep Dish is back! After our brief hiatus to collect feedback, we’ve returned with our best episode yet. This week, we discuss the surprisingly ancient history of lemonade! Where did lemons come from? What’s an ade? Your answers await!
- Lemons actually originate from a cool, old lineage of citrus fruits that sound like something from a shonen anime!
- Erik and Meg are in an incredibly anti-government mood thanks to an unfortunate letter from the IRS. Where’s Ron Paul when you need him?
- On that note, Erik and Meg officially decide they hate the federal government more than annoying children.
- If you have a foot fetish, then boy are you going to like the origins of pink lemonade!
- Another edition of Review Roast takes place, defending Brickhouse Brewery & Restaurant of Patchogue, from review trolls… some of which sound like they were written by an 18th century playwright, bizarrely.
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Pleeease spread the word about Deep Dish! Introduce your friends to it! We could all use a good laugh in today’s world, and this show should do the trick! If you can convince one of your friends to start listening, let us know! We might send you a present! Like cookies, or maybe even $5!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at email@example.com, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!
Episode 19: Off Topic! Super Bowl Foods By State! – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Next week we’ll be focusing on one of the truest summertime treats that exist, though strangely only in America! These toasty, campfire favorites are simple, yet satisfying. Think you know what it is? Write in or comment with your guesses, and if you’re correct, we’ll give you a great bit shout-out in a future episode!
Until then, stay hungry!