Quick Recipe: Wildberry Pancakes
One of the absolute best parts about Summer? Besides the warm weather, longer days, lack of snow, cool thunderstorms, and vacation for some people, there is the oft-overlooked factor of fresh produce, specifically berries. Whether you have your own berry bushes in your yard or you’re able to hit up a local farm which sells their own, nothing beats nice freshly picked berries (especially blueberries)! You can use them pretty much in anything, but a longtime favorite is in baked goods and breakfast foods. I mean, sure you can just eat them on their own, by why do that when you can put those suckas inside of a pancake? It looks and tastes super deluxe, and it will definitely be something you miss, come Winter.
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 completed pancake mix batter, single serving
- 3/4 cup fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants, etc…)
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, crush up all your berries (you can even mix and match berries if you want!) into a liquidy goop. Add the honey to this and stir well.
- If using premade pancake mix, prepare one serving in a bowl. If working from scratch, combine flour, milk, baking powder/soda, salt, and egg into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Stir the berry mixture into your pancakes and whisk to blend it together.
- Place a griddle on stovetop and begin warming on medium-low heat.
- When griddle is hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into 5”-6” circles.
- Let batter cook untouched for approx 1 minute, or until numerous bubbles form and the sides of the pancakes have set and congealed.
- Flip pancakes over with a spatula in one motion. After one more minute, press pancakes down lightly. If batter does not run, flip once again.
- Cook pancakes on this side for 30 more seconds, then remove and place on plate. Repeat for remaining batter, making approximately six pancakes.
Serves 2-3 people.
Posted on August 12, 2015, in Etcetera and tagged breakfast, brunch, pancakes, recipes, suh-weet!, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment