Deep Dish, Twisted Food History! – Podcast Episode 18: Gingerbread Men!
Posted by Meg
In the first 2021 edition of Deep Dish, we take a look at a beloved Christmas cookie, and find out why they’re so associated with Christmas! Are gingerbread cookies medicine? Which came first, gingerbread loaves or gingerbread cookies? What connection do these wholesome cookies have to Roman orgies? Listen now to find out!
- A brief discussion of our New Year’s Resolutions and the new foods we want to make in 2021.
- Learning about molasses and that time it killed 21 people… in absolutely the last way you’d expect.
- Queen Elizabeth I set the bar really high in the area of impressive treats for guests!
- Story time as we review the fable of the gingerbread man, Shrek, and a random video game series from the Amiga days.
- The surprisingly horny history of gingerbread men, including a brief tangent about Japanese girls putting pubic hair and blood into Valentine’s chocolate! (It… makes sense in context.)
- Defending Taco Express Plus in Selden, NY from 1-star review trolls in another Review Roast!
To download, click here!
To watch on Youtube, click here!
To listen on Spotify, click here!
RSS Link for your favorite player: https://feed.podbean.com/poorcouplesfoodguide/feed.xml
Please rate us on RateThisPodcast, using this link! Good reviews help Deep Dish’s audience grow, and we could all use a good laugh in today’s world! Plus, spread the word and let your friends know!
Plus, we’re all-ears for constructive criticism! So feel free to write in at email@example.com, or hit us up on Facebook and Instagram to let us know what you want more of and less of, in Deep Dish!
Episode 19: Off Topic! Super Bowl Foods By State! – Deep Dish: Twisted Food History!
Posted on January 22, 2021, in Deep Dish! and tagged Christmas, cookies, food comedy, food history, food show, food trivia, ginger, gingerbread, gingerbread men, podcast, ranking, trivia, trivia show. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.