Meg and Erik are getting married!
That’s right, everybody’s favorite Skunk and Goose are finally joining in holy matrimony on September 7th, 2019! It’s going to be an awesome celebration with tons of fun and excitement, so this is your one-stop place for all the information you need about the special day! Here you can read up on the itinerary for the ceremony and reception, learn fun facts about the bride and groom as well as their wedding origin story, check out their engagement photos, and get other useful information about the big day.
Invitations have all been sent out to our guests, and presumably everyone should have received one by now. If you have not received yours, please contact either Erik or Meg immediately! The RSVP date will come up sooner than you think, so please respond promptly so we can ensure your place at our awesome day!
(And to those who choose not to RSVP… well, you’re still welcome to join us, but please bring your own lawn chair and a bag lunch.)
Additionally, we are aware that many people are eager to bring other loved ones/partners to the wedding. Unfortunately, due to a guest number limit cap for our venue, we cannot exceed this number without being charged extra. However! Not all loved ones can make it to every wedding, and as we continue to receive “No” responses, we can accommodate additional guests!
If you would like to request a friend/spouse as your +1, please contact Erik at (631)-790-0574 and let us know! We would love to allow everyone to bring their partners or any friends they may wish to join them travelling, however we must make sure that the math checks out before giving the go-ahead. That said, we most likely will be able to grant your request, given a week or two, to make sure we do not go over our guest limit.
Meet The Wedding Party!
-Wedding Day Information & Itinerary-
The wedding day kicks off with the ceremony taking place at Lutheran Church of Our Savior in Patchogue, New York at 12:00 Noon. Erik has attended this church his entire life, still volunteering in church services to this very day, and it’s been his family’s congregation since they first moved to Patchogue several decades ago. The ceremony will be conducted by Pastor Kevin O’Hara, who just got married to his own husband last year in 2018! The church itself is a quaint, local church which was built in 1946. It’s a five minute drive away from the lucky couple’s downtown apartment, as well as Erik’s parents’ home. The ceremony will include full Mass/Communion and is expected to last about one hour. Communion is open to all guests, regardless of their religious sect.
Patchogue is located on the south shore of Long Island and is approximately 20 minutes away from Rick and Martha’s house in Middle Island, and both 1 hour away from JFK Airport and 12 minutes away from Macarthur Airport.
September 7th, 2019
Lutheran Church of Our Savior
231 Jayne Blvd.
Patchogue, NY, 11772
Following the ceremony, the wedding reception will take place at Benner’s Farm at 3:00PM. The venue is located in Setauket, New York, and is approximately 25 minutes away from the church. Benner’s is both a historical farm which has been family-owned and operated since the 1700s, and also a working farm where the Benner family grows crops and raises animals to this very day. The property spans 15 acres, and includes fruit/vegetable lots, a duck (and goose!) pond, chicken coops, pens for sheep/goats/horses, and multiple barns and clubhouses. Yes, it has bathrooms. Normal, indoor bathrooms.
The start of the reception begins at 3:00PM, with cocktail hour taking place in the rear field forest of Benner’s Farm. After cocktail hour, the reception itself will be held in the main building, a converted barn, and the field outside of it (tent included in case of inclement weather). Dinner will be served buffet style. If you have any specific food restrictions (vegetarian, gluten free, etc.) please comment below or message us to let us know so we have enough options to accommodate everyone.
56 Gnarled Hollow Road
East Setauket, NY, 11733
Other Important Information
- Hotel Info: For some reason setting up a couple of hotel blocks became one of the most challenging aspects of wedding planning. While there is not a designated hotel block, hotelplanner.com has set up a page of special group rates for our wedding that you can check out here. Since it’s not a block the rates may fluctuate or the rooms may sell out, but there are some pretty good discounts there so it’s worth checking out. You can also check out Airbnbs in the Patchogue and Setauket areas.
- Please note: due to the nature of the venue and for safety purposes, the bride and groom cannot accommodate young children as part of the celebration, and this wedding will be strictly ages 13+. There will be child care available at the church for the ceremony. If you will need child care services for the reception please let us know and we will be happy to help you find some local options!
- Attire: Standard wedding, semi-formal attire. Note: You will be walking and standing on grass at the reception, so please plan your shoe choices appropriately!
- Registry: Meg & Erik are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond and Target.
- Phone Numbers: Erik’s Cell – (631)-790-0574 | Meg’s Cell – (631)-873-7593 | Janice & Terry’s Home – (631)-289-8360
- Hashtag: It wouldn’t be a wedding in 2019 without a hashtag! If you post any photos from our wedding on social media (which, please do!), use the hashtag #SkunkandGoose and/or tag us (@megaskunk and @_lostforest) so we can easily find it!