Happy New Year! PCFG Is Revamping!
It’s a new year, and Poor Couple’s Food Guide recently published its 200th post on the site. Traditionally, everyone looks to start resolutions and ways to better themselves, but we here at PCFG are bettering the blog, not as a resolution, but just because we’ve been complete lazies for the past month.
That’s right. In case you haven’t heard, both Erik S. and myself recently moved into our first apartment together. As you can imagine, that, combined with Christmastime, made for an explosion of busy activity. Unfortunately PCFG had to take a brief but temporary break to compensate. But fear not! We’re back and we’ve got some cool new ideas in store, plus some returning favorites!
- For starters, as part of our recent move-in together, PCFG is starting a brand new column aimed at explaining the ups and downs as well as all our discoveries about getting a first apartment, designed to help out any young couples in a similar situation whom need some advice and insight on moving out for the first time. For the next few months, you can look forward to reading about it in “Our First Apartment”.
- A new site layout is coming up as well, to accommodate our new column, new content, and to better organize our preexisting works. Don’t worry, nothing’s changing too drastically, it’ll still be the good old Poor Couple’s Food Guide site you’ve come to love, just a little bit streamlined and flashier.
- PCFG’s experiment with a Youtube channel last year was not for nothing! We’ll be updating the channel in the near future with new videos for you to enjoy!
- Remember Midnight Snack? The column about romance involving food between lovers? Of course you don’t, it only lasted for two articles! But we’ll be bringing it back since after all, this is a food guide for COUPLES.
- All our regular columns like Cheat Codes, We Can Do It Better, Pizza Lab, and our standard recipe posts will all be returning as well! Plus newbies like Food 102 and Musings will stay in the rotation as well.
For now, that’s all we can divulge about the future about PCFG. We appreciate everyone’s support and are happy to say that despite our interrupted posting schedule over the past two months, 2016 still managed to be the site’s busiest, most viewed year ever! We promise to keep working on building the site up as long as you all promise to keep being awesome fans. And who knows, if all goes well, 2017 might see the start of things like a PCFG book, more IRL events, or even a podcast! Keep your eyes peeled, and once again, Happy New Year!